ISO 10004:2012 Quality management – Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for monitoring and measuring
ISO 10004 provides guidance for the definition and implementation of monitoring and measurement processes of customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is achieved through the identification of customer expectations, the analysis and collection of data on customer satisfaction, improvement and monitoring of customer satisfaction. The ISO 10004 is aimed at all organizations of all sizes and industries. Among the many benefits of implementing this standard we can list the resolution of complaints, customer satisfaction, customer oriented, personnel encouragement in improving relations with customers.
ISO 10004 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size or product provided. The focus of ISO 10004 is on customers external to the organization.
In order to pursue this goal the organization should:
- Identify customer expectations
- Gather customer satisfaction data
- Analyze customer satisfaction data
- Provide feedback for improvement of customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer satisfaction on-going
ISO 10004 Specification
ISO 10004 is relevant to any organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations, a basic requirement for businesses of all types and sizes, whether they’re in the private, public or voluntary sectors.
Customer satisfaction is determined by the gap between the customer’s expectations and the customer’s perception of the product as delivered by the organization.
To achieve customer satisfaction, the organization should first understand the customer’s expectations.
It is important to make a distinction between the organization’s view of the quality of the delivered product and the customer’s perception of the delivered product, because it is the latter that governs the customer’s satisfaction.
ISO 10004 The Benefits
- Obtain information on new expectation
- Resolving complaints to the satisfaction of the complaints and the organization
- Identify trends and therewith eliminate causes of complaints
- Customer-focused approach to resolving complaints
- Encourage personnel to improve their skills in working with customers
- Basis for continual review and analysis